Monday, January 9, 2012

Stephanie's Primary Talk

STEPHANIE WAS ASKED TO GIVE A TALK ON AGENCY. I WANTED TO HELP HER, BUT SHE INSISTED ON WRITING IT HERSELF. THIS WAS THE TALK THAT SHE WROTE. IT IS AWESOME. I THINK THAT I WILL HAVE HER WRITE MY NEXT TALK, TOO.


Agency is the gift to choose for ourselves Today I am going to talk about agency. Agency is the wonderful gift we have always in all situations; the gift to choose. Satin thought his plan would be so much better because everyone would get to come back to heaven, but heavenly Father certainly didn’t want that because he wanted to test us all. But Satin just kept fighting to be our savior and that’s... why he was cast out. Jesus is now savior instead of Satin, who is now considered the devil. We all have agency to choose right from wrong, but Heavenly Father lets Satin tempt us. We must all make sure to choose the right choices, and if we make a mistake we must try and make it right again, repent to Heavenly Father, and show that you are sorry to the person who you did it to. Satin tries to tempt us so we can be sad and miserable like him. He wants to get revenge on us for following God’s plan. One time that I had to choose was one day, a while ago, I was watching a movie. I saw that my mom’s candy bin was out on the bed. “Mmm. Look at those orange Nerds! Those look really yummy.” I thought. I knew those would be great treats to eat during this movie, but I also knew that I didn’t ask. I chose not to eat them. My mom was lucky! But I have also had times that I haven’t chosen the right. Once I heard my mother tell me to clean my room. So I went into my room, shut the door and started to read. My mom came in and asked, “Did you pick up anything?” I said that I didn’t hear her. That wasn’t a god choice at all. But I repented. I am very grateful for agency and I am sure you are too, in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

No comments: